Love, Theoretically by Ali Hazelwood is a captivating novel that explores the many lives of theoretical physicist Elsie Hannaway and the challenges she faces as she navigates academia and her unconventional side gig.
- Multifaceted Protagonist: Elsie Hannaway is a multidimensional character who leads a double life. By day, she’s an adjunct professor, tirelessly working towards securing tenure. By night, she becomes a fake girlfriend, using her exceptional people skills to embody different personas for her clients.
- Academic Struggles: The novel delves into the competitive world of academia, highlighting the challenges faced by Elsie as she strives to make a name for herself in a male-dominated field. Readers will relate to the pressures, sacrifices, and uncertainties that come with pursuing a career in academia.
- The Art of Deception: Hazelwood explores the concept of creating alternative identities and the emotional toll it takes on Elsie. As she continually shifts between her academic persona and her fake girlfriend persona, Elsie grapples with questions of authenticity and the blurred lines between her true self and the roles she plays.
- Romance and Self-Discovery: Through her encounters with clients and unexpected romantic entanglements, Elsie embarks on a journey of self-discovery. The novel delves into themes of love, personal growth, and the complexities of relationships.
- Witty and Engaging Writing: Ali Hazelwood’s writing style is witty, engaging, and filled with delightful banter. The dialogue and interactions between characters bring the story to life, keeping readers entertained and invested in Elsie’s journey.
“Love, Theoretically” is a delightful and thought-provoking read that combines elements of academia, romance, and self-discovery. Ali Hazelwood’s skillful storytelling and well-developed characters make this novel a compelling page-turner. It explores the challenges of balancing multiple identities while seeking love and fulfillment.
Publication Date: June 13, 2023
Publisher: Little Brown Books
Genres: Romance, Fiction, New Adult
Format: Audiobook, Paperback, Hardcover, Kindle, PDF, ePUB